Shakeology - your resource to jump start your diet and get you looking great in time for summer

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Are you on a runaway boat?

Where are you going on your summer vacation? What will you do with your time off?

Are you aware that while you are away, your life is rushing forward like a runaway boat with no one in the driver's seat?

Do you realize that you are living by default? If you deal with problems as they arise then you are merely reacting to your world - not shaping it.

If you change your routine only when some factor beyond your control forces you to change it then you are again, not the one who is in control of your life.



If you are not in control, then who is? The answer is scary so brace yourself...no one is. You are living by default buffeted by the waves of life. You go where and when the waves take you. Just like a boat with no driver.

What have you done to make those “someday” dreams come true? How are you navigating your life to take it where you want to go?

While you are on vacation, I want you to take the free questionnaire I am going to give you at then end of this article and start plotting a course for your life.

I challenge you to stop living “by default” and make a plan this week or weekend for how you are going to reach the lifestyle you dream about. I will give you a free “fill in the blank” plan that will get you started in just 5 minutes.

I was reading book the other day about the richest kids in America. I was shocked at how much they had accomplished before the age of 22. Wow, they have done so much. What have you and I accomplished with our time? What were we doing at 22?

I can bet that you were having fun but not living the life of a millionaire. What do these kids have to reach their dreams that you don’t have? The answer is amazingly simple - a plan.

Why don’t you have a plan? Because you are busy. You have kids to take care of, meetings to attend, a job to do, yard work to get done. The list never seems to end.

You are probably thinking, “Yeah, these kids don’t have anything else to do so they can plan and build a million dollar business. They don’t have any responsibilities.” I would agree that they have much less on their plate than you and I but I have to be brutally honest with you, you are just making an excuse for your lack of drive.

These kids had an idea and did not let fear of failure stop them. They didn’t say, “I’m just a kid. I can’t run my own business.” They didn’t let their age or inexperience hold them back. You can’t say the same.

As harsh as this may be for you, take a real hard look at your life. Do you tend to do the same routine on a daily basis. Do you plan your week and your vacations and stop there?

This is what living by default looks like. Without a plan, you tend to do the same things over and over. In the back of your mind however you are expecting your life to get better but how can it when you are not doing anything new to make that happen?

I am going to ask you to describe your dream lifestyle and I will bet that for a majority of you, you will come up blank! You don’t know what you really want because you have not defined it.

You may know things like, I want to have more money to pay the bills, to be able to afford to send the kids to college, to own a car or a house that is better than the one you have now or something similar.

Those are not lifestyle goals however. Let me give you an example of a lifestyle goal by telling you what mine are.

I want to have enough money coming in from residual sources to more than cover my bills so that my husband and I don’t have to work for anyone but ourselves. I want to have complete flexibility over my schedule so that I can attend all of the kids events. I want to be able to go on vacation three times a year to warm tropical destinations. Finally, I want to help other women find their lifestyle goals and reach them within in 2 years of starting to work with me.

So to summarize my lifestyle - it must be flexible, rewarding financially and spiritually and includes warm sunny beaches.

Have you got the idea? Great - now to get your head wrapped around what you really want, click this link to download your free - DREAM LIFESTYLE Starter form. It is a short fill in the blank form that will only take you minutes to fill in. You may however spend a good portion of this weekend pondering your answers.

Take some time by the pool or while you are lounging on the beach to think about what it is you really want. Remember you can’t expect things to change when you keep doing the same things. Stop living by default. Click here to access the DREAM LIFESTYLE Starter form.

When you return from your vacation, I want you to know what you want and judge if your activities are moving you toward your goal. Download the form and start thinking about the future that is just waiting for you to grab it.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment