Shakeology - your resource to jump start your diet and get you looking great in time for summer

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Techology simplified


If you are like me, all this web 2.0 stuff is a bit confusing. I attended a seminar the other day that made sense of one piece of technology that I thought was valuable enough to share. Have you heard of igoogle? It is a neat way of consolidating a whole bunch of free tools into one useful location. You create your own home page of sorts tht has the items you care about on it. My igoogle page has a to-do list, an appointment calendar, my gmail account, a news feed, my horoscope, inspirational quotes, free itunes download feed and more. These tools are all free - they are called "gadgets." You can load them on to your igoogle page and whenever you log in you can see everything at once. In addition you can create a secondary page where you can subscribe to feeds from websites and blogs you really like to follow and then see just the updates on one page.


This tool has made staying current and organized so much easier for me. Igoogle is easy to set up and you can customize your page any way you want. There are hundreds of gadgets to choose from and it's all free. If you want to set up a page, you need to have a gmail account - again free. Then click on igoogle up in the upper left of google search page. Have fun setting it up. If you have questions, feel free to email me or respond to this post.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment