Shakeology - your resource to jump start your diet and get you looking great in time for summer

Monday, May 25, 2009

Check


Do you keep a "to do" list? I always had a disorganized list system on scraps of paper. Usually the list was made with good intentions but then would wind up at the bottom of my handbag. I would come across it while cleaning out my bag and then think - why didn't I keep this handy. I never did "this" or "that".

I read a book last month on organizing your life. I didn't hold much hope for it as I had read many such books and for the most part, I was the same old advice. BUT I did pick up a very useful tip which has now become a habit.

I now keep a master "to do" list in a binder. One sheet for each month so I can write down stuff as it occurs to me and log it in the month I need to deal with it. Then I can forget it. I can put notes, appointment cards and related stuff in clear pockets I keep for each month.

I then use my master list to make my daily lists in my day planner. I have gotten so much done in the past month! I am chewing through my "to do's" faster than I ever have before.

I love being able to say "check" and mark another thing off my list. I am addicted to checking things off. I am hooked.

Another rather revealing side note to this is I got insight into my life. One of my favorite authors, Larry Winget, pointed out that the things that get focus and get done are the things that are important to you. If you want to know where your priorities lie, look at the things you do with your day.

You may say that spending time with your family is important but look at your day - did spending time with your family rank high on your "to do" list?

Now that I am very aware of how I spend my day and what I have to get done I see where my priorities are. I plan my days differently now that I could see I wasn't spending time on my priorities.

Now if only I had the energy to do it all!!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comment:

  1. Please share the names of the books ! You have piqued my interest.

    I too have a shelf of self-help organization books ... but have yet to find the magic bullet.
    Thanks .. enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete