Shakeology - your resource to jump start your diet and get you looking great in time for summer

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Punish All to Deal with One

This post is inspired by Seth Godin's post about snowglobes.  His post talks about putting up a sign in everyone's way alerting travelers at airports that snowglobes are not allowed onboard the plane.

The point of the post is that because one careless person didn't think to check a snowglobe with his luggage, all travelers need to be alerted to the potential problem.  How many times have you traveled with a snowglobe?

I have to say it is has never happened to me.

Look around you though at all the signs, warnings and rules we have because one person did something stupid. I love the warnings that say "do not eat" on those little freshening packets that come in your sneakers.  Can you picture someone being dumb enough to say, "Oh wow, my new sneakers came with a snack!"  I mean really...



I understand that children could be confused but does everyone need this warning?  Or how about "Do not eat toner" on a package for copier toner.  Did someone really try it?

Here is a list I found of really unnecessary warnings.  Take the time to read this, they get funnier as you go down the list.  I think one of my favorites is, "Do not use orally" on a toilet brush.  Are you kidding me?

My suggestion for a one size fits all warning is, "Please use common sense when using this product.  If you do not have common sense, please don't leave your home.  The world is just too dangerous for you."

I think that sums it up well.

What stupid warnings, rules and labels have you come across?  Please share your favorites as a comment.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment