Shakeology - your resource to jump start your diet and get you looking great in time for summer

Friday, June 18, 2010

Recharging

As I sit here and write it is Friday afternoon. I am enjoying my last few minutes of quiet before my son gets off the bus and the daily family chaos begins.

I am feeling pretty good because I just finished a great week of working out. Saturday is my rest day and I am really looking forward to it.

The one thing I want to share with you today is to take time to recharge and enjoy moments of doing nothing. If you are like me you get a sense of accomplishment from barreling through your "to do" list.


Sometimes I get compulsive about checking things off so I carry my list around all day just so I can make my mark right away. My list is always full of things to do and it is never completely "done." There is always something new to add.

But there must be balance - there must be times of doing nothing. Strive to carve out some recharge time. This is your time to be quiet and still. Read a book, watch a movie or just "be."

If you have to, put "recharge" on your to-do list.

Just like your body does with working out, your mind needs a rest period from mental activity. Resist the temptation to do little chores during your recharge time. Don't pick up a few papers and clothes from the floor. Don't just throw in a load of laundry.

This is your time to do something for you. And since you only carve out one time a week, it is your guilt-free time. You give your family and your work the rest of the week.

The bus just pulled up...and so it begins. But tomorrow there will be two hours of "my time." I encourage you to schedule you recharge time right now. Enjoy!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete