Shakeology - your resource to jump start your diet and get you looking great in time for summer

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Trashy Romance Novels and Summer - 2 of my favorite things.

(When reading the title, please humm "Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music - HA HA:)

Ok, this post is for the ladies...

Trashy romance novels and summer just go together - am I right?

If I worked at a Borders, I would put a display of suntan lotion and i-Tunes gift cards at either end of the romance aisle.  I would even buy scented "suntan lotion" candles to set the mood.

I love sitting by the pool with good tunes and a great romance novel.  Don't you?

I do have a bone to pick though with the publishers of these books though.


Why the tacky covers?

I really have a good imagination and don't need "Joe Hunk" on the front cover.  He's just fake looking.  I can build a nice little image myself from the authors words.  My preference is for the long black glossy hair look myself.  (God I hope my husband never sees this post.)

These covers just scream "Trashy Romance Novel Here."  I always walk with the book cover facing me or I lay it cover side down on the towel just so I don't advertise what I am reading.  I know you do the same thing - don't lie.

I really don't want my kids to see the covers and ask me, "Gee mom, what's this book about?"  Oh, nothing just sex and treachery and good stuff like that.

And the titles, come on!  Really, in this day and age, can't authors come up with something a bit more original?  Does ever title have to have "dark, "passion," "fire," or "hunter" in it?

What I would really like is a nice plain jane cover and an intriguing title.  Spend some time on a nice description on the back cover and leave it at that.  Am I asking too much?

Ah well, I will keep buying the books and publishers will keep making trashy covers that I have to disguise.  Such is life. 

If there is an enterprising woman out there, you should consider making slip on covers that fit paperbacks:)

What are your favorite romance authors?  I like Shannon Drake, Christine Feehan, Karen Marie Moning, Colleen Houck and Kat Martin.  I am always looking for a good author so please share!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment